Learn about WCET’s Member Only Email Lists
WCET offers several member-only electronic mailing lists. Messages are delivered directly to your inbox. Below you will learn about the lists that are available, how to subscribe to the lists, and the Usage Guidelines for WCET Mailing Lists.
WCETNews is a moderated email list used to distribute WCET’s popular Article Digest, job postings from WCET members, grant postings, and announcements or breaking news of general interest to our members. This is a great place for members to share job postings with more than 2,000 of your peers.
WCETDiscuss is a moderated email list open to our members. This is a great place to reach out to 2,000 of your peers to ask each other questions and get answers about e-learning practices or policies. All posts to WCETDiscuss come to your inbox in real-time, as individual emails. If you prefer to have them as a daily digest, you can edit your settings.
Common Interest Groups
WCET’s Common Interest Groups (CIG) are collections of members who have like interests and come together to share information and work cooperatively around some “unifying issue.” Several of the CIGs use the email lists to communicate about their activities:
- Academic Integrity and Student Authentication CIG.
- e-Learning Consortia CIG.
- Student Success in Online Learning CIG.
To subscribe to an email list, send the following information to WCET subscribe:
- Your name.
- Title or position.
- WCET member institution or organization – see a list of WCET members.
- Your Institutional email address.
- The name of the email list you wish to join.
WCET’s electronic mailing lists are provided as a service by WCET to its members. You must be an employee of a WCET member in good standing to be subscribed to a list. It is a community space, so we ask that you:
- Be considerate of others in sending and replying to messages.
- Use a professional and respectful tone.
- Not overfill others' mailboxes with postings to this list.
- Only post items that are relevant to the purposes of WCET and of each mailing list.
- Not post commercial solicitations of any kind.
- Use the: WCETNEWS list for posting announcements or news and the WCETDiscuss list for discussions or for asking questions or opinions of members.
Complaints, suggestions, or questions about the usage of a WCET list should be e-mailed to us.
WCET staff reserve the right to remove anyone from this list at any time. See our terms and conditions.
You can find additional instructions on how to manage your email list account. You can learn how to unsubscribe from the list and how to“digest” the list so that you get compilations of entries and do not receive every e-mail.
If you need personal assistance, send an e-mail to us.