WCET In The News
Welcome to the WCET press page where you will find news releases and articles in which WCET is referenced. WCET also serves the media as a source for expertise on innovative applications of technology and policy issues in e-learning, and the implications for higher education. Contact us at 303-541-0231 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for expert opinions and leads to e-learning practitioners.
- Georgia Tech to Offer a MOOC-Like Online Master's Degree, at Low Cost The Chronicle of Higher Education (May 15, 2013).
- Community College Students Prefer In-Person Classes Over Online for Important Subjects CityTownInfo.com (April 30, 2013).
- An Entrepreneur Reaches for the 'Holy Grail' of Online Education The Chronicle of Higher Education (April 29, 2013) [log-in required].
- States Look to Share Online Courses for College Students Digital Education Blog: Education Week (April 26, 2013).
- Behind the Webcam's Watchful Eye, Online Proctoring Takes Hold The Chronicle of Higher Education (April 15, 2013).
- Higher Ed Increasingly Seeks Authorization for Online Classes Center for Digital Education (March 22, 2013).
- Distance Learning Providers Still Shy of State Authorization Inside Higher Ed (March 21, 2013).
- Online Programs Reject Students to Avoid Costly State Approval, Report Says The Chronicle of Higher Education (March 20, 2013).
- Who Owns Student Data? Information Week Education (February 27, 2013).
- Who Benefits from Online Ed? Inside Higher Education (February 25, 2013).
- New Development Could Help Colleges Improve Student Retention eCampusNews (February 12, 2013).
- University Data Sharing Project Takes Big Step Forward Information Week Education Section (February 8, 2013).
- The Rosetta Stone of Student Success Data - A Q & A with Russ Little, Sinclair Community College Campus Technology Community College News Feature (February 6, 2013).
- PAR Framework Releases Full Data Definitions Campus Technology (February 5, 2013).
- Vice Provost Deb Gearhart Elected to WCET Steering Committee Ohio University Compass (January 31, 2013).
- Nation's Governors Urged to Enhance Online Education Diverse Issues in Higher Education (January 21, 2013).
- Mining Data to Help Students Campus Technology (November 15, 2012).
- Big Data, Big Potential Huffington Post (November 7, 2012).
- WCET Recognizes Creative Higher-Ed Tech Programs eCampus News (November 12, 2012).
- Tracking the Academic Success of Servicemembers and Veterans Strategic Enrollment Management Source from the American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (October 2012).
- WCET Welcomes New 2012 Steering Committee Members (October 22, 2012).
- WCET Recognizes Institutions for Innovative Uses of Ed Tech Campus Technology (October 15, 2012).
- As Online Course Agreements Form, Some Worry About State Regulations eCampus News (October 4, 2012).
- Community Colleges Leverage Predictive Analytics Campus Technology (September 5, 2012).
- 10 Universities Join Predictive Analytics Reporting Framework Project Campus Technology (September 4, 2012).
- PAR Framework Project Eyes Student Data Through a 'Multi-Institutional Lens' Campus Technology (August 28, 2012).
- The Myths of Online Learning Forbes (August 24, 2012).
- Data Changes Everything: Delivering on the Promise of Learning Analytics in Higher Education Educause Review Online (July 18, 2012).
- Congressional eLearning Caucus Could Prove Its Worth in 2013 eCampus News (May 30, 2012).
- The Money Smart Degree? Deltaskymag.com (May 2012).
- Do Students Pay More for Online College Courses? Survey Says...Sometimes GetEducated.com (April 3, 2012).
- Should Online Courses Charge Less? It Just Doesn't Happen Adult College Completion Network (March 23, 2012).
- U.S. News Defends Online College Rankings Amid Harsh Criticism eCampus News (February 3, 2012).
- Big Data's Arrival Inside Higher Ed (February 1, 2012).
- The Predictive Analytics Reporting Framework Moves Forward Campus Technology (January 18, 2012).
- 'U.S. News' Sizes Up On-Line Degree Programs, Without Specifying Which is No. 1 The Chronicle (January 10, 2012).
- Listing Toward Order Inside Higher Ed (January 10, 2012).
- Data-Mining Project to Raise Red Flags For College Dropout Risks The Boulder Daily Camera (December 26, 2011).
- 'Moneyball" Meets Education, Part 2: Colleges Pool Data to Prevent Dropouts The Chronicle (December 14, 2011).
- Monitoring the PACE of Student Learning: Analytics at Rio Salado College Campus Technology (December 14, 2011).
- Grand Canyon U. Hires Adjuncts as Full-Time Online Faculty Inside Higher Ed (December 5, 2011).
- Rules Could Prompt Colleges to Pull Online Programs from Some States eCampus News (November 17, 2011).
- Online Learning Caucus Coming to Congress eCampus News (November 8, 2011).
- The Online-College Crapshoot The New York Times (November 4, 2011).
- A Secret Rule Inside Higher Ed (November 4, 2011).
- Champion for Accountability in Adult Online Education Wins WCET's Highest Award PRWeb (November 2, 2011).
- WCET Recognizes Outstanding Technology Projects that Promote Student Success in Higher Education PRWeb (October 11, 2011).
- WCET Predictive Analytics Reporting (PAR) Framework Project Delivers Millions of Course Records for Review and Analysis PRWeb (October 17, 2011).
- Cross-State Cooperation Inside Higher Ed (October 14, 2011).
- Crosstalk: Web Strategy at Small Colleges, Student-Seating Visualization Chronicle of Higher Education (September 26, 2011).
- White House Makes 'Digital Promise' to Schools eCampus News (September 17, 2011).
- WASC Distance Education Policy Revised for 2011 TechEdge (September 14, 2011).
- Mixed Feelings Over Online Courses IT Web Business (August 31, 2011).
- College Presidents Are Bullish on Online Education But Face A Skeptical Public Chronicle of Higher Education (August 29, 2011).
- UPCEA/WCET Survey Shows Institutions Struggling to Comply with State Regulations PR Web (August 18, 2011).
- Cutting Their Losses Inside Higher Ed (August 18, 2011).
- Colleges are Slow to Seek Authorization in Other States, Survey Shows Chronicle of Higher Education (August 18, 2011).
- Ad Hockery and the Potemkin Effect in Higher Ed IT Campus Technology (July 29, 2011).
- For Profits that Share Data Inside Higher Ed (July 14, 2011).
- NILOA Guest Viewpoints National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- As Costs of New Rule Are Felt, Colleges Rethink Online Course Offerings in Other States The Chronicle of Higher Education (July 1, 2011).
- 'U.S. News' Plan to Rank Online Colleges Worries Some Officials, The Chronicle of Higher Education (June 30, 2011).
- No Going Back, Inside Higher Ed (June 24, 2011).
- 'State Authorization' Struck Down, Inside Higher Ed (July 13, 2011).
- IT's Balancing Act Campus Technology (May 26, 2011).
- WCET Receives Grant for Groundbreaking Higher Education Analytics Research (May 16, 2011).
- Colleges Pan Guidance on 'Program Integrity' Rules Inside Higher Ed (March 21, 2011).
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) Announces State Authorization Program (March 7, 2011).
- IT Innovation and Adoption in Higher Education, Campus Technology (April 2011).
- Online Education: Where Is It Going? What Should Boards Know?, by Kenneth Green and Ellen Wagner (January/February 2011).
Managing Online Education articles:
- Colleges Lock Out Blind Students Online (December 2010)
- Interior Barriers to Online Expansion (November 2010)
- As For Profit Colleges' Enrollment Growth Slows, Analysts See Signs of an Industry Reset (November 2010)
- Online Education: Budgets, Leadership Changes Drive Restructuring (November 2010)
- Student Authentication, Academic Integrity, and Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (August 2010)
- WCET's Listserv Discussion About Texas A&M's Restructuring Stirs Debate Over Best Way to Run Online Programs (June 2010)
- College Choices for Adults Adds New Data and a New Member (June 2010)
- USDLA Hall of Fame inducts Ellen Wagner (April 2010)
- WCET Appoints Ellen Wagner as new Executive Director (November 2009)
- NonTraditional Students Report: New website helps adults choose an online program (November 2009)
- Managing Online Education Survey: (November 2009)
- University of Hawai'i E-learning Leader Receives WCET's Highest Award (November 2009)
- WCET Recognizes Three Institutions for Outstanding Use of Technology in Higher Education (September 2009)
- Internet2 and School Libraries: The Time is Now (More than Ever) (September/October 2009)
- Integrity in Distance Ed by Barbara Beno (see bottom of page five) (Summer 2009)
- WCET Launches New Website to Offer Transparency to Adult Learners (August 2009)
- Blackboard Adopts Acxiom's Student-Identify-Verification Service: WCET's Best Practices to Promote Academic Integrity Cited (July 2009)
- WCET/WICHE "Funding of Academic Collaborations" Cited in Chronicle Article on Consortia (May 2009)
- WICHE and WCET Win Grant to Improve Transparency and Accountability in Adult Higher Ed
- WCET Announces Awards for Outstanding Use of Technology in Higher Education
- WCET Joins Initiative to Bring More Accountability to Adult-Serving Higher Education
- Pioneer in Accessible Teaching Technologies Wins WCET's Highest Award
- WCET Announces Awards for Outstanding Use of Technology in Higher Education