good practices and sound policies that accelerate the effective adoption and use of technologies in teaching and learning.
WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Recipients
Read media releases for complete descriptions of WOW works from 2007 - 2015:
- Boise State University: Virtual Reality Nursing Simulation with Custom Haptic System for Patient Safety allows students to practice sterile procedures in a gaming environment.
- The NROC Project: EdReady, A College Math Readiness System is a personalized college math readiness system that helps students avoid the time and costs associated with remediation.
- University of Central Florida: Direct Connect to UCF Pathway is a career and academic support tool, designed to work closely and intentionally with students as they prepare to transfer to UCF.
- University of Maryland University College: Open Educational Resources Initiative maximizes the use of OER across over 700 undergraduate courses.
- Capella University: FlexPath is a competency-based, direct-assessment delivery option for several bachelor's and master's degrees and post-baccalaureate certificates.
- Colorado Technical University: intellipath™ for MBA preparation is an adaptive learning implementation that is both assessment and facilitator driven, targeted at ensuring all MBA students have the base knowledge they need to be successful in the classroom and their careers.
- Excelsior College: Online Writing Lab (OWL) addresses the need for stronger writing support for college students through use of an open-source environment with extensive multimedia elements.
- Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) Extended Learning Institute: NOVA's OER-Based Associate Degree Project is a comprehensive approach to addressing access, affordability, and student success through use of open educational resources.
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee: U-Pace instructional approach integrates self-paced, mastery-based learning with instructor-initiated Amplified Assistance in an online environment.
California State University: Early Assessment Program - Math Professional Development. Read the Media Release.
2008 for Marketing
BCcampus: Dare2BDigital - The Online Learning Challenge. Read the Media Release.
Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium: A Multi-state Collaborative eTutoring Program. Read the Media Release.
Rio Salado College: Online Teacher Education Program "Virtual Practicum" Experience. Read the Media Release.
Minnesota Online: Support Center. Read the Media Release.
American Academy McAllister Institute (AAMI) of Funeral Service: The Online College for Funeral Service Education. Read the Media Release.
Arizona State University: IDEAL--Integrated Data to Enhance Arizona's Learning.
California State University, Office of the Chancellor: Math Success and English Success Websites.
Cochise College: Serving Deaf Student Needs.
University of Washington: Catalyst.
Southern Regional Education Board: Sloan Semester. This was a special WOW Humanitarian and Leadership award to recognize SREB’s work in creating the Sloan Semester in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
MarylandOnline: Quality Matters.
University of Arizona: Online Nursing PhD Program.
University of California College Prep: CyberTutor Program.
University of Phoenix: rEsource.
University of Texas System TeleCampus: TRACK - TAKS Readiness and Core Knowledge.
Colorado Community Colleges Online: Online E-learning Quality Assurance Manual.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities: Minnesota Online's eStudent Services.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: ¡A su salud! Spanish for Health Professionals.
University of North Dakota: Distance Engineering Undergraduate Degree Program.